DIY Bookmark: Easy and quick




Hey Everyone,

Hope you all are doing amazing today. So I tried this really cool thing with something as simple as a paper, some color pencils and tape. Yes, that is it. I needed something as a bookmark instantly, and I didn’t have the time to got to s shop and buy one. Neither did I have the fancy stuff to make my bookmark all fancy. So I chose simple, quick, easy and long lasting as an option. The things that I used to make this simple book mark are:

  • Paper, any color would do. I used a pastel shade, however, it doesn’t really matter what color you choose as you are going to cover it up with colors, whether you use color pencils or paints.
  • Glue, to thicken the paper.
  • Color pencils. It is up to you how you want to paint or color your bookmark.
  • And some scotch tape/duct tape. This is used to keep the colors safe and so that the bookmark doesn’t tear off.


Step 1:

Fold the paper, or any sheet which you are using according to the length of the book that you want to make a book mark for. The length of the bookmark doesn’t have to be as long as the book though. It is up to you. I made mine which was half the length of my diary.

Step 2:
If you are using an A4 size paper, if it possible that you would need to double the paper to make it more thick and to make it stronger. A thinner bookmark has more chances of tearing away too easily. So make sure your paper is hard enough to not get folded too easily.  I used glue to paste the folded pieces together. You can also use chart papers or card papers instead of normal A4 sheets.


Step 3:
Design, draw, paint! Whatever you want to make, make your bookmark look like you. I colored mine with different shades and wrote down my name at the edge of it so that if I ever lose it, people would know whom it belongs to. You can also write down your favorite quote over it in a pretty writing. It is your bookmark, you can make it as arty or as classy as you, it is all upto how you want it.


Step 4:
Last step. Once you have doodled all over the bookmark, have written your name or your favorite quote on it. You need to use the scotch tape to cover the bookmark inch by inch in a very neat manner. Now this is the most important step. You don’t want the tape to be very untidy. You don’t want those air bubbles. So cut strips of tape and cover one part at a time. This will help you cover it up  neatly.

And your bookmark is ready!

I loved making mine. I hope you will enjoy making your DIY bookmark too. I am sharing with you some videos that I came across which could be very helpful for you. Disclaimer: These videos do not belong to the Crafty Blogger and we do not take any credit for their creativity.





Time for me to sign off now. Until next time, stay crafty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pop-up Cards

Using Ready-made Popsockets and Decorating it Your Way

DIY Customized Pencils